Installation of SATA DVD RW drive. Experts Exchange
The person I am consulting with here (Bombay, India) tells me that my four available SATA ports are filled, and that my only option is to install a SATA card into the one free PCI slot on the motherboard. However, he says that with this setup I will not be able to boot from the DVD drive.... 28/07/2015 · Build 10130 installed fine from DVD but after install install DVD drive did not work at all. I checked device manager and there was no optical drives listed at all, nut there was a listing for a 3.5" floppy A: drive, which is not even in my rig.
Installing SATA DVD Drive in MacPro31 MacRumors Forums
The person I am consulting with here (Bombay, India) tells me that my four available SATA ports are filled, and that my only option is to install a SATA card into the one free PCI slot on the motherboard. However, he says that with this setup I will not be able to boot from the DVD drive.... Plug a spare SATA power cable from your computer's power supply to the SATA power connector on the drive. This power connection is the longer of the two L-shaped connectors on the back of the drive.
How do I install SATA driver? forum-en.msi.com
How to install dvd, sata hard drive and then connect m/board Connecting DVD SATA powered to 2nd SATA connector on SATA Hard Drive cable. Do SATA DVD drives draw more power than PATA DVD drives? how to cut rhino edging Hi everybody, I'm about to setup a computer for a friend, just waiting for the components to be delivered. We ordered Windows XP Home SP2b. We're going to use an ASUS M2A-VM mainboard with SATA and PATA connectors.
SATA dvd drive usable for XP install? Software & Apps
Plug a spare SATA power cable from your computer's power supply to the SATA power connector on the drive. This power connection is the longer of the two L-shaped connectors on the back of the drive. how to access h drive from uq 11/09/2008 · Hello all, first post here but have read quite alot on the forum. Built a new pc.. Only took around 3 hours, but getting an OS onto it has so taken me …
How long can it take?
How to Install a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Drive into a Computer
- How to install SATA dvd drive? Yahoo Answers
- How do I install a SATA DVD drive on my Dell? Yahoo Answers
- Installing a sata dvd drive TechPowerUp Forums
- Installing on a SATA DVD drive Windows
How To Install Sata Dvd Drive
6/08/2009 · Hi I am trying to Linux installation on ACER Power Series with Intel chipset, of G31M2-FVI MSI motherboard with SATA Hard disk and SATA DVD Combo drive.
- 8/10/2010 · Hi, Is this possible? I have tried numerous times on my PC to install Windows 7 onto my Sata Drive to no avail. Yet as soon as I plug in my IDE HD it installs fine.
- 28/05/2009 · ARGHHH My friends Sata drive ( pioneer dvr-216) did not install its self when connected. So I've downloaded the drivers, how ever I can't install them through the OS ( windows seven build 7000) and I can't install them using the windows 7 7100 disc ( it recognises that the drive is not installed and prompts you to browse for the drivers)
- To install a software or an operating system you need some kind of DVD drive. Using a DVD writer you can have best of both world as it allows reading and writing to DVD media.
- If you are looking to install an additional SATA hard drive, this guide will teach you all you need to know. If you want to find out more about how to install a new hard drive (as in, replace your current hard drive), you can still use this guide, however you’ll need to first remove your existing hard drive before installing the new one.